miércoles, 22 de septiembre de 2010

KM3D-1, Fashion film in 3D by Another Magazine

I remember when fashion film was a revolutionary idea. Born from the production of perfume ads and the combination between cinematography as an art and a commercial purpose, fashion film has evolved very quickly, gaining huge importance as a new expression for fashion. Nick Knight, Ruth Hogben, Diane Pernet, Nowness… all of them had boosted the fashion film, either with the production or the curation of it. The first fashion ad that cause an immense impression on me was Midnight Poison by Dior, directed by Won Kar Wai and starring Eva Green. I thought everything was perfect, the color, the cinematography, the sound design… the ability to transmit the essence of the perfume into a visual illusion. I still watch it and it takes my breath away. It made such a big impression that this film is the reason I fell in love with cinematography and fashion film and decided to dedicate my life to it. It is such a beautiful memory and that’s why I was astonished today. I watched KM3D-1 a fashion film created by Baillie Walsh, in collaboration with Another Magazine. Based in by her latest work with Kate Moss, the hologram at McQueen’s A/W 06 show, Walsh made this beautiful piece of art. “Suspended in time and space, Kate is caught inexorably in the parallax gap; a butterfly in a spider’s web” (Another Magazine). I can’t tell you how overwhelmed I was by seeing a fashion film in 3D. Luckily I had a pair of glasses, and I was able to watch it in its full splendor. Filmed with a phantom camera at 1,000 frames per second, Walsh shows why Kate Moss is considered a fashion icon and why she still brights in the fashion world, a metaphor achieved by Swarovski crystals flying all over the screen while she stares and screams like a modern goddess. I have no doubt fashion film is an art nowadays. Filming it in 3D was certainly the next step, a choice many other brands have taken such as Armani, with the Armani Exchange Speed Style film. Watching fashion cope with new technology is a delight, and I’m sure we will be seeing more films in 3D. After all, film was created to cause commotion, to show beauty, ugliness and reality, but most important, to take us to places we would never dream of, ravishing illusions of this world.

WATCH KM3D-1 HERE

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario