Are you ready for this week's Fashion's Night Out? Weeks ago, Vogue organized a lovely soirée where the project was presented to mexican bloggers. What can I say, it's very exciting that Mexico is finally being part of this amazing concept. But what is it in fact? Many of you, the ones who are not that fashion obsessed and ignore who Anna Wintour is (I'm kidding) might ignore what FNO means.... so here is a quick guide to prepare you for the fashion event of the year.
What is Fashion's Night Out?
It's a global initiative created in 2009 by Vogue USA, the CFDA and NYC to boost the fashion industry and regain the consumers' trust. You might remember that year for being one of the worst for fashion brands thanks to the recession. Since then, the event has been so successful that it's celebrated year after year, this one being organized in 16 countries..... Come again? Ok, basically it's an event organized by the fashion's bible to make us go out, get fancy and shop... a true ladies' night! The appeal also comes from all the events that the associated brands organize like lounge parties, promotions, several discounts, and celebrity/fashion icon spotting in some stores.
Ok I'm all dressed up, now what?
Great! You're going to grab the fanciest (and most comfortable) pair of shoes and enjoy an evening of shopping. The point is where... Since we are not in NYC and the transportation in Mexico City is kind of a messy subject I truly suggest you plan your route avant Thursday. The event will be from 6 pm to 11 pm and will take place mainly in Masaryk, Plaza Antara, Perisur, Plaza Carso and Santa Fe.
Where would I find what?
Great question (since you're not going to wander without purpose). First of all there are going to be several events organized by Vogue Mexico.
- The Exhibition of Vintage Vogue Covers will be held in the malls I mentioned before and it's going to be a once in a lifetime experience since the covers are from the 1930's and 40's.
- The Editor's Pick: if you are a true Vogue fan you can't miss this. Several members of the editorial team, including Eva (Mexico's Editor in Chief) will be styling several looks in different spots across the city. You might run into Kelly Talamas (Fashion Editor), Anna Hughes (Beauty Editor) and Barbara Terán (World & Culture Editor) each one showing their look and hanging out with you.
- Also don't miss the Vogue Photobooth, a great chance to have fun and take this souvenir home. Wanna know more? Go here.
What stores should I visit?
I've been wondering the same for weeks and I'm actually going to make a route where NeonDelirium, FashionBeatsParis, DFlavor, CoolhunterMX & myself will be hanging out and taking some street style pictures. I promise I'll share it with you soon, meanwhile there's some basic places you can't miss this FNO.
Let's shop: (let's go for the deals)
- Kipling will be giving a makeup case in the purchase of a bag.
- Intimissimi will be revealing the new Super push up bra and selling it for $500
- Mont Blanc, Masaryk. The store will have a snow mountain in the entrance and they'll be giving theme drinks, you can't miss it.
- If you have the Banamex Affinity Card then prepare yourself, you'll have 20% discount in Pull & Bear; with the purchase of $500 in any store of Inditex you can ask for the Mini Chic Fashion Kit at Bershka with Inglot products, and of course Zara is a must, there you will find the official FNO shirt.
- Puma, Antara, will have a ping pong contest and the winner might take home bags and t shirts
- Swarovski will have dj's and will be giving a kit of crystals in the purchase of several items
- Tiffany & Co. will recreate Studio 54, cocktails included. Prepare your disco shoes and don't miss it!
- Tous will be selling the official FNO bag and giving rock n roll lp's cookies.
- Zara Home Antara will have a cupcake lounge sponsored by Merry Cupcakes.
- Mango will have some surprises that will be revealed throughout the week.
- More stores? Go here
- Merry Cupcakes. Antara. You have to stop here and buy the official FNO cupcake, a true delight! The store will be giving champagne too in the purchase of your cupcake.
- Common People. Emilio Castelar 159, Polanco. This store has the ultimate chic accessories or clothes you were looking for. Rumor is there's going to be one hell of a party, drinks and great pieces for you to shop so break the piggy!
- Diesel. Masaryk. There will be a lounge theme in Diesel, provided by The Neon Rider. It might turn out to be a great place to chill out after all your shopping spree.
- The Grey Goose Lounge will be in El Palacio de Hierro in Perisur and Saks' Polanco, where you will be able to taste the Grey Goose Vogue Martini and enjoy a glamorous night.
I'll be posting more on FNO's so stay tuned... See you on Thursday!