miércoles, 1 de diciembre de 2010

Contemporary ladies by Hermès

Women are not what they used to be. They are not anymore the lady like servants in charge of house chores, or the free and liberal spirits of the 60’s. Today, women get to choose who they want to be. Some of them have plenty options to choose, others are still born within archetypes. But defying conventions has been our goal for the last decade. Nowadays, we can be empowered women, in charge of big corporations, with a family to take care of and an artistic mind to satisfy. We can be whatever we want.

Empowerment was exactly what I thought when I saw the Hermès collection Fall/Winter 2010. Maybe it was the leather cat suits as inspiration, that reminded me of powerful and intriguing women such as Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman or Uma Thurman as Emma Peel in The Avengers, the latter being a great inspiration when talking about seductive and intelligent women.

The mixture between British references, leather, and the menswear tailoring made of this collection one of my favorites. Maybe I’m not such a big fan for the tomboy look but with the refined gentlemen look, count me in. This collection is what, in my opinion, the contemporary woman would look like. Seductive, intriguing, powerful, sophisticated and elegant. Give me a bowler hat, an umbrella and leather and I can guarantee you, I’m a powerful woman.







Frida Gustavsson and Karlie Kloss in Le Monde d’Hermès, fall/winter 2010.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario